Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fast Fasting Fasted

I’ve decided to fast.  Not too long.  Just 58 hours.  Just a little fast.

Lately my life feels like it is spinning out of control.  For almost six months I have had my binging under control -- meaning I managed to par my binging episodes down to a couple times a month.  The last couple of weeks, every time I eat something even remotely unhealthy it sets off an all-day food fest.  I’ve gained seven pounds.  Seven pounds I worked my ass off to lose.  As much as I want to re-lose that weight, I crave control more.  I crave that lighter-than-air feeling you get when your body has figured out it’s not going to be fed anytime soon. 

Truth be told, it’s not a real fast.  I’m allowing myself coffee with one tablespoon of plain, non-fat, powdered creamer (to protect my very sensitive stomach).  If I decide to extend the fast, I’ll add a protein smoothie each day I continue (1 cup strawberries and/or blueberries, 2 cups water and 1/8 cup vegan protein powder).  I’m not looking to go into ketosis, I’m looking for clarity. 

This post isn’t to prompt others to join me, or to illicit any other reaction.  I just need a little accountability.  Telling someone I’m fasting increases my odds of making it past the first 24 hours, past the worst of the hunger pains.  I started the fast last night, which means I’m almost to the 24 hour mark.  The hunger hasn’t been a problem, but the chills are rather annoying.  You’d think with as much extra padding as I have, I’d stay warm even without food.  Such is not the case.

Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment! Your input is always appreciated :)